Sunday, August 11, 2013

Grassroot politics is the future: Shanti Kumar Singh



My grandfather Shri Shanti Kumar Singh and my grand mother Mrs. Yashoda Devi are main people in my life who influenced a lot in basic of my thinking. My grandfather was freedom fighter against British Colonialism. He went more than six months in jail and active before independence.He emphasized on grass roots politics is main way to influence global and national processes. He says, "local is true universal". I learn the practice of dignity,spirituality and honesty from my grandmother.


On the age of 105 years,she is doing all her daily work by herself.They are one of first couple in India to adopt family planning. They have one son and one daughter.My grand parent are famous for helping other and provided more help to other children of family in comparison of his own son. My Father Shri Surendra Nath Singh continues the tradition of honesty,integrity and dignity from his parents. My father is communist and have political contradiction with his father. I am influenced by my grand father,because I lived Mumbai with my grand parents up to age of 6 years and then I spent a lot of time with my grandfather since 27 March, 1993. My grand father was a very strong advocate of non-violence,secularism and caste less society. My Grand father and my father wanted my life for social change. Both have different idea. I am on path of my grand father,but my father is happy and proud on my work. This is great honor for me.It is also great honor for me that my life partner Shruti Nagvanshi and many our associates join our common struggle.



Raghuvanshi’s grandfather Shanti Kumar Singh, a Gandhian freedom fighter, who used to say that grassroot politics is the future.


My grand father gave resign from his Government job on 19 March 1941 against collection of donation from Indian for second world war.

By: Lenin Raghuvanshi,Co-founder of PVCHR

On facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/lenin.raghuvanshi/media_set?set=a.10201803637952490.1073741830.1228281279&type=1
आपसी झगड़ों से दुखी है स्वतंत्रता संग्राम सेनानी परिवार
धौरहरा रहा आजादी का दीवाना
• अमर उजाला ब्यूरो
वाराणसी। धौरहरा गांव जिले में स्वतंत्रता आंदोलन की अग्रिम पंक्ति में रहा है। इस गांव में अब भी संपन्नता है लेकिन अब गांव की चरचा जब होती है तो लोग सबसे पहले जेल में बंद ब्रजेश सिंह का नाम लेते हैं। हाल ही में सतीश सिंह हत्याकांड के बाद गांव फिर से सुर्खियों में है। क्षत्रियों के आपसी झगड़े से स्वतंत्रता सेनानी परिवारों के लोग दुखी हैं।
इसी गांव के शांति कुमार सिंह को द्वितीय विश्व युद्ध के दौरान अंग्रेज सेना की मदद के लिए चंदा वसूली का विरोध करने पर छह माह सजा मिली थी। इसके बाद तत्कालीन कलेक्टर को जूता मारने पर उन्हें एक माह की कठोर सजा के साथ ही पच्चीस बेंत मारा गया था। इन यातनाओं को झेलने के बाद उन्होंने देश को आजाद होते देखा। वर्ष 1993 में स्वर्गवासी हो गए। स्वतंत्र भारत में वह गांव की दुर्दशा, शिक्षा के गिरते स्तर और नशाखोरी से चिंतित थे। आज भी उनकी 105 वर्षीया पत्नी यशोदा देवी जीवित हैं। पूजा-पाठ में व्यस्त रहने वाली यशोदा गांव के वाले माहौल से चिंतित हैं। स्वतंत्रता सेनानी के पुत्र सुरेंद्र नाथ सिंह का भरा-पूरा परिवार है। पौत्र डा. लेनिन ने बताया कि दादा जी हर समय गांव वालों की पढ़ाई को लेकर चिंतित रहते थे। दादी को पेंशन मिलती है।
अतीत में धौरहरा गांव
1857 के गदर के समय नाद-नदी के मुहाने पर हथियार लेकर जाती बड़ी स्टीमर को गांव वालों ने लूट लिया था। उस समय 40 अग्रेंजों को गोमती नदी में जमीन के अंदर दफन किया गया था। इसी गांव के 16 लोगों ने द्वितीय विश्व युद्ध के दौरान अंग्रेजों की मदद के लिए एक दिन का वेतन देने के फरमान विरोध किया। इन लोगों ने गांव-गांव घूमकर चंदा देने से लोगों को मना किया। 1942 की क्रांति में गांव के कई लोगों को सजा भी हुई थी। 1942 के पूर्व ही रास बिहारी बोस कई दिन यहां रहे। 1936 में सुचिता कृपलानी ने हरिहरपुर में प्रौढ़ शिक्षा केंद्र खोला। राष्ट्रपिता बापू, जवाहर लाल नेहरू, सुभाष चंद्र बोस, रास बिहारी बोस, सुचिता कृपलानी का इस गांव में आना यह दर्शाता है कि यहां के लोग स्वतंत्रता आंदोलन में कितने सक्रिय थे। शहीद बाबूराम सिंह, शांति कुमार सिंह, रामदेव सिंह, मनोरथ पांडेय, मारकंडेय सिंह, रमा देवी, रामराज सिंह एवं महादेव सिंह आदि इस गांव के सक्रिय स्वतंत्रता सेनानी थे।
http://epaper.amarujala.com/svww_zoomart.php?Artname=20130811a_008190013&ileft=430&itop=199&zoomRatio=171&AN=20130811a_008190013

No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...