From: ACHA-Pritam Rohila <email@example.com>
Date: Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Subject: IMP-Death threats against ACHA Secretary Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi
IMP-Death threats against ACHA Secretary Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi
Dear ACHA Members:
ACHA Secretary Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi is receiving threats against his life and to kidnap his son, if he did not quit his work on behalf of the low-caste people of his area. I am writing the latter below to the officials listed below. I strongly urge you to please do the same.
I am writing to seek your help regarding the repeated threats received by Dr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, on his mobile phone No. 993559933, from unknown person's mobile phone No. 98705993, on July 22 & 23, 2009. Threats were made against his life, and to kidnap his son, if he did not quit his work on behalf of Dalits of his area.
Dr. Raghuvanshi is the Convener of the Peoples' Vigilance Committee on Human Rights (PVCHR), a local non-government human rights organisation working in Varanasi, U.P. He has been internationally recognized for his work with such awards as Gwangju Prize for Human Rights and ACHA Peace Star award.
1. Honorable Governor of Uttar Pradesh, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ms. Mayawati, U.P. Chief Minister email@example.com
3. Inspector General of Police, Varanasi Zone, U.P., firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Director General of Police, U.P., email@example.com
5. Senior Superintendent of Police, Varanasi, firstname.lastname@example.org