Saturday, March 04, 2006

Raju Musahar

Raju Musahar

Raju Musahar is born in a poor Musahar family. His
mother’s name is Jaravati Devi and father’s name is
Lakhandar Banvasi. His father, Lakhandar Banvasi is a
carpet weaver. He does weaving work whole day. He has
his parents and his grandmother in his family. Raju is
an intelligent boy. He is very good at his study. But
his parents are too poor to continue his study. His
mother is a labourer and collects woods and leaves.
His father says that he took interest in study but due
to poverty it could not be possible. Father of
Lakhandar jo Khaji Banwari used to do the work of
carrying plan ken. It was a seasonal work. In this
work one could earn a little and no one can afford to
carry on study in such a little earning. I started the
work of weaving to earn my livelihood. But it is not
sufficient to bear the expenses of study of my son,
Raju. But it has always been in mind that I will teach
my son. Then I managed to send him school. But I never
thought that it would be too much expensive. But
anyhow even taking debt I continued the study of my
son and now at present he is a student of class IX.
But now I have been exhausted and not able to continue
his study. Currently he is involved in collection of
dry woods and leaves. But even now Raju is much
interested in his study and he wants to continue his
study further. Mother of Raju says that we have been
earning our livelihood by collecting dry woods and
leaves and earning our livelihood by working as
labourer but I want that my son, be educated and could
stand for the welfare of his whole community. His
father says that he is facing great difficulties in
the way of Raju’s study. We face worst conditions in
rainy season those days we have nothing to eat. Seldom
we get rice and pulse to eat. Any how we manage to
have diet once in a day. Children go to bed hungry.
They eat dry bread with salt. Often we have nothing to
eat then go to shopkeeper and bring grains on debt. I
convince the shopkeeper saying that if we find work
then I will pay the debt. In such a situation how can
we imagine to continue the study of our son, Raju. I
take loan to get him enrolled in the school. He is 15
years old and a student of class IX. His father says
that he does not get enough by weaving work. He has
red card on which he purchases 35 Kg food grains which
lasts only for 15 days. He has to purchases 35 Kg food
grains for another 15days in the market at higher
prices. Due to lack of money often we have to suffer
from hunger.
Lakhander Banwasi is landless. Any how he managed to
teach her son up to VIII class. He is very much
interested in to continue his study. He thinks that if
he would be educated then he could be able to educate
others children of his community and will make them
aware of their rights. But due to poverty, I get
myself unable to continue my study. So many time I
have to face warnings of cut the name off the school.
I have no books to read, no clothes to wear. Expenses
of one month of his education goes up to Rs 50 to 100.
Raju says that he wants to get his community out of
these difficulties and sufferings. I will always be
conscious for my community. Raju says that I learn a
lot by participating in a Dharna. I hear speeches of
Dr. Lenin. He has been fighting a battle against
poverty honestly and industriously. He is a good
social worker. I also want to become a good social
worker so that I could be able to work for the
upliftment of my community and could be able to
contribute to make a society based on equality.
Interviewed by Prem Nut and translated by SP
Singh(ADV
)

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...